Dust Collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

smessick

New User
Stan Messick
I read a now closed forum thread on dust collectors and saw a Harbor Freight Central Machinery dust collector discussed.

Is this the same item? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45378

If so I see it available from a number of sources, including something called Commanche Creek who is saying free shipping.

I'm tempted but I would like to hear more about experience others have had with this particular dust collector.

Anyone?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hello there Stan,

I have the HF "2HP" DC unit that you are referring to. I picked it up when they were running a sale on it for $149 - and then I applied a 20% off coupon that brought it down to about $120 (plus tax). For that price it does ok. The top bag really is not fine enough to do any good for catching the real fine dust. Bag and filter - 1 micron upgrades are available. Several folks here also use this unit ie Stuart (Tar Heel) and perhaps they will chime in to provide feedback as well.

I principally use it on my planer and jointer and works fine. I just roll it around to whatever machine I am using and hook it up. I don't have everything plumbed up to it. Here is a URL where the HF 2 HP DC and the conversion filters and bags are generally discussed.

The HF DC Board

I really think that the $229 price tag is way too high for it though.

Hope this helps a little.

Wayne

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Holy Cow!!! $229?? That's the one I have, but I got mine for $129 in December 0f 2003. It works great for me. I don't ask it to do much, but it's wonderful for the price I paid. It doesn't have the .0000000000003 micron bags :eusa_whis but as I said, it sucks well enough for my planer, bandsaw, router, etc. I don't have a system set up, I just roll it from place to place. Setup was quick, directions are typical Harbor Freight, but you can figure them out. One of their "small" diamonds in the rough in my opinion.

Tom

LTurner

New User
Larry Turner
I have that dust collector and have hooked duct work up to it. It works fine for the hobby stuff I do but I have not upgraded to the finer bags. I believe it has been on sale recently ar HF for $169.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS