Dust collector burn-out part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hate long treads so I started a new one. Here are a couple bad pictures of what cooked. I am thankful I caught it quickly.

The Delta phone rep told me they will repair/replace. Interesting that she asked if there was any damaged to the building or other equipment and then asked if anyone was injured. They also told me the local Delta repair shop will call me to arrange a pick-up. So far no call back.

My shop is equipped with a carbon monoxide detector and two fire extinguishers. I plan to add a smoke detector and replace that breaker.

cooked_1.jpg

cooked_2.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yeah, glad you caught it quickly, could have been a bad one. The correct response to the lady's question should have been "No, nothing else was damaged, except the Dominoo, Leigh FMT and JDS multi router" :).

Hope Delta comes through for you quickly.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Again Scott I am glad that you caught it and nothing else was damaged - hope Delta comes through for you without alot of trouble on your part

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Glad to hear they are being so easy to work with.

I hope they are willing/able to let you know the cause.

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Dust collector burn-out part 2 UPDATED

Thanks to Matt (Splint Eastwood) my dust collector is back in my shop. Delta replaced all the electrical components. The only hassle was getting the unit to and from the shop. They are only open 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I'm glad to hear things worked out for you, Scott. I guess Delta gets an attaboy for good customer service as well??:thumbs_up

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats on getting up and running. I just hope you get to enjoy the DC without being paranoid all the time about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS