Dust Collection For Bosch 1617 Plunge Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackemmons

New User
Jim
Looking for dust collection for a Bosch 1617 plunge base router. I think it may be number RA1173 or RA1173AT..

I need it for doing router bowls.

Thanks,
Jim

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
I use the commercially available setup from Bosch - don't recall the numbers but there is one for the edge guide and a separate setup for general use - they work fairly well once you rig up the vac hose - their dimensions are metric I believe and of course the vacs hose are imperial, the fit is a little sloppy - I have yet made the time to refine that part of the setup...

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Jimmy and John addressed the DC question, I recommend hogging most of the bowl out with a forstner bit before routing. This greatly makes it easier on the router and there will be lots less dust for the router DC to take care of.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
I use the commercially available setup from Bosch - don't recall the numbers but there is one for the edge guide and a separate setup for general use - they work fairly well once you rig up the vac hose - their dimensions are metric I believe and of course the vacs hose are imperial, the fit is a little sloppy - I have yet made the time to refine that part of the setup...

I have the same setup that I use with one of last year's Black Friday Ridgid vacs. I bought the accessory hose kits (the one with the orange hose) and it has several adaptors in the set, one of which fits the Bosch tightly. Works well but the hose/cord is cumbersome.

blackemmons

New User
Jim
Ken - I do hog most of it out with a forstner bit but when the router cranks up, all **** breaks loose in the chip flying department. It blows out any place it can find an opening.

BigCat4t9r - Tell me more about this Ridgid kit. Are you saying it has adapters to fit onto the Bosch router? Do you have a kit number?

jobelenus - What is this commercial setup from Bosch you mentioned?

Any links or pics would really be helpful.

Thanks to all,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS