Dust Collection alternatives

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
I have 2 of them in my shop, both with dust deputy's (they fit on top perfectly). They work great. I also have a Festool CT 26 and they are, IMO, comparable.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I use a Rigid shop vac with my domino so I see no reason a Fein would not work with other Festools. I use the Bosch 5 meter hose to hook the domino to the dust deputy that is hooked to the Rigid. Works fine. Same setup also works with my Bosch and DeWalt sanders and DeWalt track saw.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have 2 of them in my shop, both with dust deputy's (they fit on top perfectly). They work great. I also have a Festool CT 26 and they are, IMO, comparable.
@David Justice You have two Feins and a CT 26?!
Which Fein's do you have?
Can you share a picture of the Fein's and how you have the Dust Deputy's attached or mounted?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use a Rigid shop vac with my domino so I see no reason a Fein would not work with other Festools. I use the Bosch 5 meter hose to hook the domino to the dust deputy that is hooked to the Rigid. Works fine. Same setup also works with my Bosch and DeWalt sanders and DeWalt track saw.
Do you feel like the Rigid vac with the sanders "Stick" them to the surface you are sanding? (too much vacuum)

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use one of the Speed control dials to slow down my dust collection if it's too much, I use a motor from a bank vacuum tube but it should work for a ridgid/shopvac as well Router Speed Control Dial
WOW! that is creative, I never thought about using a speed control on a vacuum... since it is a universal motor, it likely would not harm it - and would allow for "variable vacuuming!" ha ha

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS