Drill Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I asked for advice and of course I didn't take it, well maybe someone did mention Bosch. :dontknow:

I like a 1200 rpm drill and none of the 1/2 inch drills that I could find came in 1200 rpm. I bought this 3/8 Bosch and install my old 1/2 inch chuck. This drill has twice the HP of my old Skill brand, is only a little heavier and the front case is metal. I got it from Amazon for $54 and chose the slow shipping for free.

What's not to like?

IMG_2987.JPG

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mike, great gloat! I am stedily building my collection of Bosch tools and have not been dissapointed yet. Reminds me of the "old time quality" we used to see in B&D, PC, and others.

Good on ya!

:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cool Mike!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Were the chucks easily switched? (I still have a keyed chuck on an old Dewalt and am thinking out swapping it for a keyless chuck)

Looks like you got a really good catch!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Very easy to change. There's a small screw inside, open the chuck all the way, remove the screw, unscrew the chuck, screw on the new one and replace the screw.

The screw is reverse threaded so think about which way it needs to turn or you'll get it so tight you will have a hard time getting it out.

M

McRabbet

Man, you are a busy gloater! That's two BOSCH-ROCK-ULATIONS! in one night!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Rob,

When I find something that works, I stick with it. Bosch is making the best tools at the best price right now.

M

McRabbet

I agree -- I have a 14.4V Bosch VS drill that has given me excellent service for five years and is still going strong on the two original batteries. And I've got a Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw that is the smoothest saber saw I've ever owned. I don't think there is a better one on the market unless you want the body grip model 1591EVS!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very easy to change. There's a small screw inside, open the chuck all the way, remove the screw, unscrew the chuck, screw on the new one and replace the screw.

The screw is reverse threaded so think about which way it needs to turn or you'll get it so tight you will have a hard time getting it out.

Thanks Mike!!!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

I will check it out!!!

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Rob,

I was thinking about replacing my sabre/jig/scroll saw next, I was looking at those two. Which one would you get now that you've had one a while?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I like Bosch Tools, They have always performed well for me.

YOU ROCK!

M

McRabbet

Rob,

I was thinking about replacing my sabre/jig/scroll saw next, I was looking at those two. Which one would you get now that you've had one a while?
Mike, I like the top handle version (the 1590EVS) because I have fairly small hands. Both perform the same, but the 1591 has a different switch system -- you grasp it by the thicker body. I've had my 1590 about 1-1/2 yrs and it cuts smoothly, even in plywoods. Both models feature variable speed, blade stabilizer for vertical cuts, adjustable fore-aft oscillation to change the aggresiveness of the stroke and a built-in chip blower. Their blades are excellent and long-lasting -- this week, I cut a 6" port in the back of my Grizzly cabinet saw for a new dust connection through 12 gauge easily -- blade has lots more life to it.
and the port installed:

Save you pennies and get one; I'll guarantee you won't be sorry you did!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Mike,

I got the 1591EVS back in Feb of this year and it is a great jigsaw! It is just soooooooo smooth compared to the old Craftsman that I have used for a quite a few years. Blade changes are a snap! It does have some heft to it. Shear gravity of its weight plus the barrel usually keeps me right on track.

Wish I had saved my $'s and got one earlier.

Wayne

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Mike ... you've been shopping man! Another nice gloat~ :icon_thum

Watch out ... it appears you have a mild case of WGD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS