Draft post from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Gentlemen:

Here is a draft letter from me. Feel free to edit it and/or make suggestions for additional discussion.

Doug

President’s Message
Hello again. Spring is here and our busy season is upon us. As you are mostly likely aware, North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. recently received 501(c)(3), non-profit status from the Internal Revenue Service. This comes after much hard work by the present and previous Boards of Directors. One consequence to being a non-profit is that to the extent any member’s employer provides matching funds, we qualify! Some companies do a dollar for dollar match and some even do multiples. If you do not know your employer’s policy, please ask. We will work with you to provide you with any information and/or documents they require.
This weekend is the Charlotte Woodworking Show. We will have a booth there for the first time. Thanks to a diligent member who laid the groundwork for this. A number of members will be putting on demonstrations during the show and we have a prime location, so come on down (or up or over).
The annual NCWW meeting and picnic is coming up too. It will be 5/14 in Ritter Park in Cary. There will be free food, a raffle and door prizes. Also the result of the election will be announced.
Speaking of elections, with last year’s changes to the by-laws, only three seats are up for election this year. The terms of Scott Miller, Joe Scharle and I are coming to an end. None of us are planning to run again. Therefore NCWW needs people invested in its future to run for the Board of Directors. Rob, Tracy, Trent and Andy will remain on the Board to serve the 2nd year of their present terms. In this way continuity will be preserved. I sincerely ask you to consider running. The good news is that a lot of issues have been addressed in the past couple of years so that it should be somewhat easier going forward.
With Spring comes more shop crawls. Look for posts in this regard. In addition, we are pursuing some opportunities to apply our collective woodworking skills to assist in our communities, helping other less fortunate than ourselves. Posts on this will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.
On a personal note, as I come near the end of three years on the Board of Directors and two years as President, I would like to thank you the members for your continued interest in NCWW, in woodworking and to each other. I especially would like to thank the members of the present and the preceding Boards of Directors, the moderators and the administrators for the hard work, dedication, and friendship. It has been an honor to serve here. I am sure that the next President the Board of Directors chooses will receive the same support. While this is a farewell from the Board, I am NOT leaving the organization! I will still be here as an active participant.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
read -
Looks good Doug. While I hate to see any of you, much less all three step down, I also am learning how much you all deserve a break!

M

McRabbet

Rob, Tracy, Trent and Andy will remain on the Board to serve the 2nd year of their present terms.

I'd suggest that since we have many newer members and our names are not exactly all that familiar, that this sentence be written as:

Rob, Tracy, Trent and Andy (McRabbet, TracyP, Trent Mason and CaptnA) will remain on the Board to serve the 2nd year of their present terms.

Doug, good job, it is very well written.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very well written Doug. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Rob's edit sounds good to me, but honestly, either way would work. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors