Down walnut

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Just had to take down a walnut that died two years ago, Only about 8 to 10 in diameter but I think there is enough good heartwood if anyone wants to make some handles or pens, come and get all you want.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Just curious Scott, do you have a moisture meter? I'm wondering how much it dried while it stood there dead? Just thinking I might be interested in some Walnut turning blanks.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
It may be too checked. I'll cut a few lengths and split it to see if it is useable. Nice long strait pole though.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Scott, I've got a moisture meter, and I'm just a few miles from you. I may have to pay you a visit and see what it looks like! I don't think I have any walnut in my turning stock at the moment! Let me know what it looks like when cut it. TIA

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Just lopped of a piece and it looks OK. Welcom to stop by and we can cut it up into whatever bits you like.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
sorry Scott, got busy last weekend with house repairs. Are you going to be home today? I can stop by if you still have some pieces. My company observes Juneteenth today so I have a day off!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS