Donation method question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to donate to this great site. Extra cash is getting hard to find but I do have numerous items that woodworkers might want. Could I post items in the classified section and have the funds go directly to the site as a donation? Types of items would most likely be surplus material or duplicate tools that I would be willing to give away to any member but it seems most members would be willing to donate for something they either need or want. My guess is I would not be able to verify a donation - I have a high level of trust for members of this site.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I would like to donate to this great site. Extra cash is getting hard to find but I do have numerous items that woodworkers might want. Could I post items in the classified section and have the funds go directly to the site as a donation? Types of items would most likely be surplus material or duplicate tools that I would be willing to give away to any member but it seems most members would be willing to donate for something they either need or want. My guess is I would not be able to verify a donation - I have a high level of trust for members of this site.

Phil, I have done this with several tools! It's a great way to contribute.

I have either given the person receiving item the option of contributing whatever amount they saw fit, or sometimes I have suggested a minimum donation amount.

I also have faith in the members, all I needed was their word that donation was made and that was good enough for me!

I highly recommend ! :icon_thum:icon_thum IMHO

Matt

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I favor the 'pay it forward' concept as well. Cash flow is an issue in my home as well, but I am more than willing to help out other WWers when I can if they can monetarily help the site.:thumbs_up

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Phil, first of all, thanks for the thought. Donations to the site are completely optional, but nevertheless very much appreciated. :icon_thum

There's a few things you can do. Note that there is no "formal" site policy for this, these are just some suggestions.

Like Matt described (thanks Matt!), you can simply give away the tool and have the recipient make a contribution. Trust is what we're all about here. The second option is to sell the item as normal, then donate whatever you received to NCWW. Some sort of "automatic" payment routing function would be nice, but it would only work if the payment is made via credit card or PayPal. It doesn't work for transactions that are done by cash or check. Still, it'd be nice to have, at least worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS