Does this qualify as a gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I had to buy this the other day because of a great sale. It was in my SUV, but LOML said it had to come out.:eusa_danc

DrumSanderInBoxesCropped.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
SteveColes said:
I had to buy this the other day because of a great sale. It was in my SUV, but LOML said it had to come out.:eusa_danc

Steve,
And she is so right, it needs to come out :p
I'll be glad to load it into my truck and haul it away immediately :-D

Why Not?
Sapwood

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Yep, definitely gloatable...If the LOYL becomes unhappy with you and decides that you should not have it you can store it in my shop for a nominal fee.8-O :p :lol:

I think I can come up with a use for that.....:rolf:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know, that really is a neener:roll: , unless you got a special deal on it. What ever it is called, it's sweet, and I'm jealous. Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Steve,

Got one just lilke it. You will love it for leveling glue ups and also for making veneers. I am looking into replacing my belt (conveyor) with a soft one but haven't yet made the decision to switch. Have mixed feelings about it. Anyway, nice score. Don't forget the DC when running. It will make a dust storm unless the DC is going.

MIke

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
hey mike, i was jealous so i'm getting my own used sander. performax 16-32, i've used one many times before so i'm excited to get my own. you said you were thinking about switching to a soft drive belt, what kind? a rubber belt like bigger industrial machines have? are they available for the performax sanders or is it a custom item? thanks

phillip

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I believe it is an upgrade item you can get for the Performax. I haven't found the supplier but you might Google and see if you can find one. I believe there are some pros & cons to the rubber type such as if thicknessing veneer, it gives somewhat and you might not get as accurate results as the sandpaper type. But on the other hand, the sandpaper type tends to take a set if not used regularly and you end up with a hump on the belt. I have notice this when trying to sand a piece of thin stock ( veneer ) and you can hear the drum sand paper hit the hump. All in all, I am not really sure which is the best way to go but will continue looking at it. I also believe the rubber type is quite expensive. Let me know what you think.

Mike

:gar-La;

Ryan

New User
Ryan Sellers
Well, there's not much of a chance i'll get anything that nice! I guess I may have to aim a little lower! Does anyone have any experience with the baby performax that they introduced not too long ago? As small as it is I don't know if it would be worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS