Does anyone own a Makita LS1019L miter? Need dimensions.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good morning all - random, and possibly a long-shot, but does anyone happen to own the newer Makita 10" sliding miter saw, that would be able to take a couple measurements for me? I cant seem to find any of these on display anywhere local to measure myself.

Long story short - I have another miter saw, that I'm just not happy with, but I have a dedicated miter station built that gives me somewhat finite dimensions to work with re: a new saw w/o a good amount of demo/ rebuild work. Ideally looking for a new saw to fit the space I have, and have been a fan of Makita saws in the past, so it's a logical choice.

Thanks!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hew Heath

I have had that exact saw since the Fall of 2020. I had pretty much the same questions when I purchased mine.

Let me know what specific measurements you need and I would be happy to pass them akong.

Wayne

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Excellent - thanks Wayne! I'd shoot you a PM on this, but given the lack of info online, maybe this thread will be useful to someone else in the future!

Re" specific dims, it would be great to know:

1. Height from base to top of table/ cutting surface.
  2. Overall width of saw, (w/ the adjustable/ sliding bar support arms removed since it's going into a crosscut station
  3. Height from base to top of adjustment handle/ lock on front, (mine will need to "tuck: under a table lip when pivoted to 45 on ea side.
That should honestly do it for my personal needs here - thanks again!

HMH

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Excellent - thanks Wayne! I'd shoot you a PM on this, but given the lack of info online, maybe this thread will be useful to someone else in the future!

Re" specific dims, it would be great to know:

1. Height from base to top of table/ cutting surface.
3 3/4" (w/rubber feet removed)
  1. Overall width of saw, (w/ the adjustable/ sliding bar support arms removed since it's going into a crosscut station
22 1/2"
  1. Height from base to top of adjustment handle/ lock on front, (mine will need to "tuck: under a table lip when pivoted to 45 on ea side.
~3 3/8" (just below the table surface)
That should honestly do it for my personal needs here - thanks again!

HMH

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thank you sir! Very helpful - that is smaller, (especially in width) than the saw/ cutout I have, so that'll fit! Given the narrow width, now I'm tempted to just step up to the 12", but I've never had a capacity issue w/ my 10", so will play it safe here.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
My cutout width on my cabinet is 261/4”. It was fine with the previous 12” miter saw, but now with the Makita, I am restricted to only a maximum miter of 45 degrees. (Which is ok because any greater can be handled on my table saw.)

IMG_6737.jpeg

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_6738.jpeg
    IMG_6738.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Interesting. My cutout is 26.1/2", but is flared out to clear the full swing of my current 10" saw - I built this setup around this particular saw, hence my concerns about anything else "fitting". Looks like I'll have plenty of room to spare here w/ the footprint of the Makita being smaller. Thanks again!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS