Does any one have one of these? miter saws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Hi folks I was wondering if any one had purchased one of these. I need one and like everyone else cashflow is a bit slow so I was looking for a bit o input befor I buy. Thanks
Mark
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa...POWER TOOLS&SubCategoryName=Corded Power Saws

clear.gif

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I dont own, but Home Depot has a Ryobi, 10in Sliding Miter for $99.99.

At least the HD in Cary (Crossroads Shopping Plaza). It's the first time I'
ve seen one made by Ryobi. Must be new model.

And I believe that's about the same price as the HF 10in too! I'm sure the warranty on the Ryobi would be a little stronger than HF's. And who knows you might be able to find an HD coupy somewhere

Something else to think about!

M

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I don't have one either, but I have messed with them at the store. Way too much slop ... almost the to the point it might not be safe. Now, I don't know all of them are this way but the display at the Charlotte store was REALLY bad (which means they can get that way!)

Not a huge Ryobi fan either, but I would go that route if it's available (of course, probably not a slider)

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I've never been exactly thrilled by their power tools from a precision or longevity standpoint. I don't think you'll beat the price locally but you'll probably get what you pay for. You can always return it if it doesn't work out but that would entail a drive to Asheville/Charlotte/WS or paying for return shipping.

I've had good luck with reconditioned tools from Hitachi and consider them to be the best bang for the buck. Check out these:
http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Miter_Saws___c375.aspx
(10% off w/ Coupon Code DMUVG Good Thru 2/16/2009 11:59PM EST )

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I dont own, but Home Depot has a Ryobi, 10in Sliding Miter for $99.99.

At least the HD in Cary (Crossroads Shopping Plaza). It's the first time I'
ve seen one made by Ryobi. Must be new model.

And I believe that's about the same price as the HF 10in too! I'm sure the warranty on the Ryobi would be a little stronger than HF's. And who knows you might be able to find an HD coupy somewhere

Something else to think about!

M

LOML gave me the Ryobi miter for Christmas this year - I've used it on a couple of projects and I think for the $$, it's a great way to go. I looked at some of the tools that HF carries a year or so ago, some of them just don't look as high-quality as some of the name branded ones for a little more cost.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I have/had one Mark. I suggest the Ryobi if coins are tight, and a Ridgid if you have a few more $$$. The HF is difficult to tune in and won't hold adjustments. I got a Ridgid CMS for Christmas to replace the HF SCMS. I gave the HF to a friend and feel bad to give him a saw so aggravating, but I did tell him all the bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS