Disposable glue holder

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
My wife cleans and saves pudding cup containers for my shop use. They make great disposable glue holders but are a little tippy on the bench. Faced with 10 router-dovetailed drawers to glue up, I decided to make a holder for both glue and a water container to dip the brush in while clamping the drawers. The brush is a Harbor Freight acid brush scissor-cut at a 45º angle. It works great in getting glue into the recess.

Fine woodworking, it isn’t, but it does function well. My granddaughter loves the little pudding cups so there will be a good supply of glue holders.

1      cups 1 - 1.jpg 1      cups 2 - 1.jpg

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is a great reuse of materials that normally would be considered as disposable.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
They also work great for mixing two part epoxy in small amounts.

Although I prefer the lunch sized apple sauce containers for epoxy - wider and lower.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
The light bulb moment here is adding the second cup, with water. That's a lot more stable. Thanks for sharing Bob.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Good idea. I save the flat lids to yogurt containers to mix small amounts of epoxy on.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have bought spoon rests at the dollar store to mix epoxy and body filler in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS