Display Box for Daddy's War Medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
This box my dad made to display his medals he earned during WWII. I had thought about trying to do something like this for him but he beat me to it and being he made the box I didn't want to try and steal any of his thunder.

memorial_002_edit.jpg

As I mentioned in my post about his passing he fought the Japanese for the last 2 1/2 years of the war. He was very proud of these medals and for years thought he would never recieve some of them, But with the help of Congressman Coble he and many others finally recieved their awards.

Looks like it was made from pine and he used some basic tools and I believe brushed on some poly for the finish. He carried it with him whenever he was invited to one of the area schools to talk about his experience's.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, you should be very proud of your dad. He offered his service to protect us all. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Looks like he was a fine woodworker, too! :)

Chuck

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
I know your proud of your Dad,And you should be.Instead of trying to out do your Dad why not build a glass display for your Dads box and medals.:eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS