Discovery: a hazard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak3

New User
Jacob
Recently bought this Hitachi tablesaw used for a great deal. Great saw no issues. But the previous owner didn't have dust collection and neither do I. In highschool we had a great dust collection system and we would shop vac out the sawstops from time to time so I have never seen a saw this dirty before. But I made a few cuts on this saw and then looked inside to discover a hazardous mountain of sawdust. Looks as if the previous owner never cleaned out the inside ever even once. Anyhow I cleaned it out so it's all good now. I don't intend to let it get like this again I mean it was piled on top of the motor which I can't imagine is safe. Hahaha, I'd have been real mad if my saw caught on fire.

51HD7gu.jpg

zltqRtX.jpg

qjbA52Y.jpg

UhaPEa6.jpg

davejones

New User
Dave
Good catch! I recently sold my Hitachi saw, and recommend that you use dust collection with it all the time. See if you can pick something up cheap. Even a smaller, less powerful dust collector would be better than nothing.

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
If you have a shop vac, you could get an adapter to hook it to the dust port under the saw and then not have to worry about letting the dust collect at all.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
While you're at it, check to make sure the on/off switch is sealed tight. Sawdust in there can cause problems with the contacts making up.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
It's hard to get dust collection to work on a contractor's saw. The back is wide open. That creates 2 problems. The dc can't get good suction [FONT=&amp], [/FONT]and the saw throws a lot of dust out the back. I have a General saw and don't even try dust collection I just keep cleaning it out.

Pop :BangHead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors