Discount Qualified - Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
As I posted a month ago, changes took place in DQ requirements, effective 12/1/08.

The scheduled task that decides whether or not you are DQ has just been modified to reflect the changes. In fact, those code changes were what caused the Database error yesterday. Bas was quick to see the DB corruption my code caused:slap: and he fixed the DB error. This morning I fixed the code itself so that it wouldn't happen again, I hope! :embaresse:swoon:

Now that we are running the new code, it is obvious that many people DID NOT pay enough, if any, attention to these changes. When I did the the last calculation under the old rules, we were approaching 400 DQs. Today, under the new rules it is 221:swoon::elvis:

At this point I suspect the reason revolves around 2 changes many of you didn't know about or at least did it wrong.

Full Name info was changed from 1 free form field to up to 4 specific fields. If you didn't change the way the fields are formatted, you lost your DQ.

The second area that is probably causing some issues for old timers and newbies is the requirement that you have started a thread introducing yourself in the 'Who We Are" Forum.

These issues are affecting your general DQ status right now and will affect it for Klingspor soon. Now you can be DQ by just giving us your Full name. However, Klingspor and very soon another vendor will still require your full address. But even if you have supplied it, our new privacy policies require that you "Opt In" before we can send your stuff to Klinsgpor. In fact every different use of your address info will require a separate Opt - in. When our new DQ supplier starts with us, there will be another address Opt In you will need to to set, if you wish to participate. We are observing that most new Members of the site sign up and do not Opt In, so be sure to check your profile.

Anyway, if you want discounts from Klingspor in the Month of January and forward, you better make sure you have Opted in.

Now the issue is how do you know what needs changing and where to do it. If you look at the welcome block at the top right side of the Home Page just below the menu bars, you will see a link that says "Your Profile". Click on it, and you will be able to see everything that pertains to you on the site.

First, look at the top right and you will see the letters DQ, if you are Discount Qualified. The largest block in the left center has four tabs. Click on the fourth Tab (NC Woodworker Info) and look toward the bottom of the listing for the yes or no info. This same tab has all your name info. If any item is not correct, just click on the pencil next to a field and change it. That page also has all the Opt In options and they can also be changed there.

On the first Tab is the URL of your introduction (Who We Are Forum) post. if it is not there, then you didn't make one and you should if you want DQ. Just go to that Forum and start a new thread.

Now you have gone through all the fields and have them set correctly, it may still doesn't show DQ. Give it an hour. The program that figures all this out puts a heavy load on the system and we normally only run it once a day. However for the next few days we will run it 15 minutes after every hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
For those who do better visually, the DQ indicator is in the top red ellipse below. If it doesn't say DQ, check two things. First, make sure you have your "Who we are" intro (bottom red ellipse).

dq_info_1.gif

Second, check your info under the NCWW info tab (middle red ellipse). See screenshot below.

dq_info_2.gif

You will need to provide your name and address, and check the opt-in box. You can edit the info by clicking the little pencil next to each field.

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
My head is spinning but when it stops I will try and figure all this out. :icon_scra :confused_:new_blowi:eusa_pray

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
When I click on the NCWoodworker info, I do see the DQ as "yes"; however, there is not the other info about the Klingspor opt-in. When I go to my options page, it says the Klingspors must be marked "yes", but there is no "yes" option (only "no"; "Name/address", and "Name/address/e-mail"). I assume that either of the last two constitutes "yes".

Thank you for all you are doing and your endeavors to lead all us "comrons" (computer morons) through the steps we must take.:confused_:confused_

Go

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Sorry everyone, but as we progress so do some of the complexities:BangHead:

Rob & Bas, thanks for helping clear up all that info/:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

DaveO

New User
DaveO
When I click on the NCWoodworker info, I do see the DQ as "yes"; however, there is not the other info about the Klingspor opt-in. When I go to my options page, it says the Klingspors must be marked "yes", but there is no "yes" option (only "no"; "Name/address", and "Name/address/e-mail"). I assume that either of the last two constitutes "yes".
:confused_:confused_

Go

You are assuming correct. That is the only way to get a definitive answer to a three part question. Either you can opt out of providing your information the Klingspor, or your can opt in to provide only your name and address, or you can also provide name, address and e-mail which might alert you of some really good deals faster the USPS can get then to you.

Dave:)

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
It looks like the NCWW tab might only display fields that have been previously filled in, or all these fields don't appear for some users. For example, this tab on my profile lists only first name, city, state, county, and Discount Qualified.

Interestingly, Discount Qualified on this tab shows "Yes" for me, even though that probably shouldn't be true.

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
Mine shows yes too, but I think it's because I am a DQ addict. Dairy Queen has the best tacos in the country. In terms of fast food.

As to the actual qualifications I am just a dumb Texan I can't figger this out for the life of me.

gator

George
Corporate Member
If you click on your name in the "Whos On Line" block, you will get the screen that Bas shows in his post. all the infor is there for you to review (you will still have to go to 'User Settings' to edit anything).

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It looks like the NCWW tab might only display fields that have been previously filled in, or all these fields don't appear for some users. For example, this tab on my profile lists only first name, city, state, county, and Discount Qualified.

Interestingly, Discount Qualified on this tab shows "Yes" for me, even though that probably shouldn't be true.
You did find a bug and I think I have it fixed. Look in about an hour

wchipper

New User
Cliff
Do not see a DQ in the right corner, and the qualified discount is yes, I guess I missed something, or am not computer knowledgeable enough.:help:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
ok... acording to websites for dummies I think I'm ok. can one of the smart ones here take a look and let me know? or better yet just make whatever changes need to be made.:icon_cheers call me I'll give ya the info.:widea:

tjgreen

New User
Tim
I also had no 'DQ' in the top right corner, but the fourth tab showed DQ as 'Yes'. I hadn't filled out my address info though.

For other newbies, if you haven't filled out any of your address info, it doesn't show up when you click "Your Profile" and there's no pencil to edit it. I had to go back into User Settings (top left, just under the site banner), then go to "Edit NCWW Info" to add my address info.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
ok... acording to websites for dummies I think I'm ok. can one of the smart ones here take a look and let me know? or better yet just make whatever changes need to be made.:icon_cheers call me I'll give ya the info.:widea:

Fred, you're good to go :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS