Directions to Woodcraft in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Have to go to Henderson tomorrow and would like to go on to Raleigh and get my hinge from Woodcraft. I think I know how to get there but with gas as it is I would like to confirm my knowledge. If I come south on 85 to Henderson and pick up hwy 1 does it not take me to the Woodcraft which is in a shopping center on the right just before I get on the beltline? I purchased a computer from TigerDirect in that same shopping center. Thanks for the help. PappyJ, thanks for the offer to pick up and deliver my item but I couldn't resist the trip seeings I was going to Henderson. Lorraine

jglord

New User
John
I've recently sent email with directions to Lorraine and having looked at where Littleton is located. The easiest route is to get on I 540 heading towards I 40. Exit on Rte. 70 east (Glenwood Ave.). Proceed approximately 6 miles and you will see the Townridge shopping center on the left after crossing Duraleigh/Millbrook Ave. (Duraleigh to the right and Millbrook to the left). At the next light turn left onto Pleasant Valley Rd. and turn left immediately into shopping center. Woodcraft is located in the main part of the shopping center - at the inside corner of the "L".

Call (919) 781-1911 if you need any further directions.

T

toolferone

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the store on US 1 is not Woodcraft. It's the other guys.:lol: (tom being a little biased about Woodcraft:eusa_snoo )

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Can someone take me from Hwy 1 coming from Henderson and lead me there? One will take me to beltline. I see on the map that one carries me to the beltline and if I go right onto the beltline I see Hwy 40. I need the easiest path coming from Hwy 1 because I can get lost easily and the beltline can be confusing.
Note, the other guys don't have a very big store.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I personally would take Milbrook Road from 1, all the way down to Woodcraft. If memory serves me correctly, Millbrook Road will lead you all the way to Glenwood with a McDonalds on the Right. The shoping center with Woodcraft will be on the left. If you cross Glenwood, Millbrook will turn into Duraleigh, which means you have went too far, you should not cross Glenwood

But I hate the beltline....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Clay has got a good way to go.
Also you can take US 1 (Capital Bvd) all the way to the belt-line (440). Take the first right hand exit to the belt line (you will want the outer 440 belt-line) and take the 440 belt-line around to the Glenwood Ave./ Hwy 70/ Crabtree exit 7B. Follow Hwy. 70 past the Crabtree Mall about 2-3 miles to Pleasant Valley Rd., Townridge shopping center is then on your right. There's a big Walmart, Burger King, Baja Fresh and of course the Woodcraft.

Dave:)

Last edited:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Or you could do what a certain manager at Woodcraft does...send somebody to Rockler for your hardware! :rolf:
(you had to know that would come back to haunt you Tom!)

gator

George
Corporate Member
And another thought. IMHO it would be easier to come down #1, take I-540 (the 'outer beltline') west, take the Route 70 Exit toward Raleigh, About 4-6 miles on the left is Townridge Shopping Center. Coming from Oxford, I always hit I-540 and it is much quicker.

This keeps you away from Capitol Blvd traffic and from where 401 merges with Capitol Blvd, and away from the exit off the Inner Beltline (I-440) at Glenwood Ave, and the traffic past Crabtree.

George

Last edited:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I have a map of Raleigh, here is what I see, please correct me if I am wrong, one wrong move on the belt line and I could be in Texas. I come in on US 1 which is also Capital Blvd, get on the belk line and take the right exit onto 440 . I follow that around until I get to exit 7B which is also hwy 70 and is also Glenwood Avenue. I see Pleasant Valley Road, the shopping center is on my right. The map helps put it in prospective. Thanks guys, I am tired of Rockler and wish to visit the candy store of woodworking. I live in the country so this will be a treat for me. The big stores just don't have what a woodworker needs. You know this trip is only to pick up a set of hinges. Can you believe that. Thanks guys. Once again you have all come through. And thanks to PappyJ for offering to pick the hinges up for me and deliver them. That is a true woodworking friend. Lorraine

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
me thinks you may have an old map.:eusa_whis before you get to the 440 beltline [a couple miles before] you will see I-540 big interchange. cant miss it. take 540 west toward durham then 70 east toward the airport 4-5 miles on left is townridge shopping center [look for the wal-mart] woodcraft is a few doors to the right in the corner.

fred p

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Thanks Fred, just placed the order by phone, got word that a friend of mine wants to go so we are planning a full afternoon for the trip. Thanks again. Placed the directions in the map for safe keeping. Expect to visit within the month. Thanks again for the help. Lorraine

DaveD

New User
Dave
Do a Google search for 'raleigh woodcraft'. It will be the 1st hit you get. Select it and then when the next google screen pops up it will give you a little map for them. Select 'directions' by the store name/addr and it will give you a bigger map that you can play with and get whatever kind of detail/resolution you want of US1, the beltline (440) and glenwood ave (US70).

Now do a google search on 'raleigh klingspor' and do the same thing for it. Its a woodworking store on US1/Capital Blvd and you will be going right by it if you take US1 all the way to the beltline. Its worth stopping there too if you have never been there. They are more stationary power tool oriented but have a lsome hardwoods and other stuff too.

Now with the two addresses of the stores (from the above google info) you could also get driving directions from yahoo maps.

Oh yeah, when you sees Crabtree Mall shopping center when you get off of the 440 beltline at Glenwood you are going to be in deep 'you know what'.

'Shop till you drop' comes to mind.:lol: if you like BIG indoor malls.

Still have time on your hands? search for Harbor Freight on US1 if you are inclined for a cheap Chicom tool store. Its almost across the street (one block further north) from the Klingspour store.

All three stores mentioned here are in what I call 'strip malls' and you won't be able to see them from the street so take their addresses with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS