Dining table in the style of Greene and Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Here is my latest completed project, a dining table inspired by Greene and Greene. This is my own design, the last of five pieces done for an exhibition that is coming up in about two weeks.

tablehigh.jpg

The table is quartered makore with wenge accents. The top is curved along the sides, and the breadboard ends have a curved cloud lift and a wenge inlay. It's about 6 ft. liong and 4 ft. wide. Finish is sprayed Waterlox, finished sanded to 400 grit, buffed out with a fine abrasive pad, then waxed with Renaissance Paste Wax.

tablecornerwide.jpg

The photographs were done by a student in the Carteret Community College photography curriculum.

Matt

bwat

New User
Bill
A W E S O M E ! Great detail on the table ends and legs. I'd love to see pics of the entire set when show pics become available.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Matt, that is one FINE piece of woodworking! I am a big fan of G & G. As already mentioned, I too would love to see your other works that will be exhibited. Great job!!!

steviegwood

New User
Steven
That is a beautiful piece of furniture. I do not recognize the woods used but it is beautiful with nice grain and wonderful color. I would love to see the other pieces also. Steve

Sully

New User
jay
That's a great looking table. The finish is nice; makes me want to reach out and touch it.

J

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's a work of art, my friend. Beautiful!! How many hours did you put into that?

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Absolutely S T U N N I N G Matt! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Be sure and enter that in the calendar next year. :wink_smil

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I will post photos of the other pieces when I have all of them available and ready to put up. The hall table that I posted photos of a while back is one of the other pieces. There is also a table lamp, floor lamp, and a four panel folding screen.

If anyone is interested, I have photos of the construction/progress details of the dining table which I would be happy to post as well.

Matt

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Matt,

That is absolutely stunning work. I hope you'll post those photos of the work in progress - it might answer some of the questions I have. Here's the first one: How'd you do that! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ernie

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
WOW !! Very interesting breadboard and stepped taper on the legs.
Can we get a closeup Pic of the legs.
Yes , I'm a leg man - furniture - of course !!!! :embaresse:embaresse:embaresse :rotflm:

M

McRabbet

Beautiful work, Matt -- I really like the cloud lift opening in the long rails and the way you designed the breadboard. A superb piece, indeed!

DavidF

New User
David
Very, Very nice piece. Great attention to detail and the craftsmanship looks excellent. Love to see your other pieces.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great design, beautiful wood choices, and amazing execution!

Oh, I forgot to say WOW :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS