Digital Set-Up Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Shop Notes, issue #87, page 7, has a really neat height gauge that uses a digital caliper for measuring height of bits and blades. Unfortunately (ha,ha) it ONLY reads to the 100th. That is about 1/2 of a 64th. Currently, Harbor freight has this caliper ( item #93293) on sale for $7.99, thru May 15th. Raleigh store has currently, in stock, about 30. I bought four more on Sat, the 29th. I have made several and they are easy to make. Instead of crazy glue for fastening caliper into jig, I used hot melt glue. I have found it easier to route pocket for body of caliper first, then cut dado for runner of caliper next and finnally shape body of height gauge. Oh yeah HF is having a 10% off bag sale this week (May1-May 8). 10 % off any thing that fits into bag. Doesn't matter if it is on sale already, it only must fit into bag. No limit on number of items, only one bag per customer. There is an error in Shop Notes drawing- the inside radius is 2 1/4", not 1 5/8" as shown.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Bruce, I saw that height gauge in Shop Notes. It looks like a handy little device. Was the digital caliper you held up at the last TWA meeting the one required to make the gauge?

D L

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Yes it was. Or maybe I should have said Si, you know on this day of the ILLEGAL ALIENS. What part of ILLEGAL don't these people understand. Get off your soapbox Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS