dewalt scroll saw stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclark

New User
Kevin
Does anyone know if the current version of the dewalt scroll saw stand will fit type 1? I would think it would but I want to get some affirmation on this if anyone knows.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bought a new stand for the Type 1 I picked up on CL years ago. It fits fine. The Type 1 and 2 saws are identical except for some internal components and tolerances.

You can probably work out a Pony Express to get the stand from Dirk's to your location. Or meet him at one of our future Outreach Events - He's usually there.

kclark

New User
Kevin
I know there was a thread on here that talked about what to look for when buying a used scroll saw. I found one, a type 1, that looks new. The lady owner says she used in once years ago. I am going to look at it but i want to be sure what to look for.

For what she is asking for it, it would have to be dead for it not to be a deal.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Make sure it is a type 1 by looking at the tag on the motor. It will state if it is a type q or 2. Insert a blade in the saw and set the tension lever, then run the saw. If it makes a hammering or knocking noise, that can most likely be adjusted out, but does require some disassembly. Try cutting something and decide for yourself if you might enjoy learning and cutting with this saw. If it isn't for you, then tell me where it is so I can dgo buy it!

kclark

New User
Kevin
Make sure it is a type 1 by looking at the tag on the motor. It will state if it is a type q or 2. Insert a blade in the saw and set the tension lever, then run the saw. If it makes a hammering or knocking noise, that can most likely be adjusted out, but does require some disassembly. Try cutting something and decide for yourself if you might enjoy learning and cutting with this saw. If it isn't for you, then tell me where it is so I can dgo buy it!

Bruce you are funny. I know it is a Type I without a stand or light, but I can get those especially for the price. I'll let you know what happens and how much a little later today.

kclark

New User
Kevin
I bought it for $140. The owner said they used it one time for their house remodel and that's it. It has dust on it but no saw dust. The table needs to be cleaned just a little but runs smooth. Now I'll just find a deal on a stand. But I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is a steal for a good Type 1. I paid about $200 for mine used without stand or light and was very happy with the deal I got. You done better.

You can always adapt the $20 clip on LED Lights that Lowes sells - they are brighter and more stable than the light that DeWalt sells for the saw. The stand is nice to have though as well as an on-off foot switch.

Here's a thread about the lights as I implemented them. But I got the idea from Charles Lent originally.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57471

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Kevin,

There are some adjustable stands on the NCWW trailer. The plans might be in the download library. If not, Phil might be able to give them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS