Dewalt Planer bed separation

I have had my Dewalt for about 6 months and was having some weird snipe issues and noticed that the stainless bed had bubbled or oil canned on one side. So I had to make a planer sled table. I really like this thing so far but this was very disappointing.

Anyone else have this issue? I am thinking about just leaving the table in place as it gives me longer indeed and outfeed.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Dido, @bowman, I would lay a straight edge on it and measure the bow so you can tell DeWalt how much it is. Having worked with sheet metal we would at times get batches of material with bowing issues. Sometimes it was obvious, you could see the bow. Other times it was like there was some internal buildup of stress and various things would release it, like punching, bending or temperature changes.

According to the following general guidelines a 12” piece could have up to.06 bow over that span. However I believe no more than .02 is achievable and more than .03 should be rejected.

Flatness: Flatness specifications are applied with perfect form not required at maximum material condition. If there is a rule of thumb, a flatness tolerance of .005" per inch is the best that can be achieved without secondary individual checking and straightening.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS