dewalt 735 planer in some HD's for $379

Status
Not open for further replies.
told they are taking the DEWALT 735 planner out of some of the NC markets and they are on clearance. I got one for $379 in the box . had to drive to another store cause the first one just had the demo and the manager would not take anymore off of it

maybe you can find one also I got mine yesterday

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Congrats on a great tool and a great deal!
A few pearls from my experience with one for a while:
Wear hearing protection
Don't expect it to hog off 1/8 inch on wide boards (I ususually cut out my work pieces and run them through rather than running long boards through...space challenge)
Wax the bed and keep it clean otherwise boards will get stuck easy
Expect to chip a blade...probably the first time you use it
To eliminate chip problems, loosen one knife and shift it left or right (there's ~1/8" of adjustment laterally), retighten and shazzam...smooth surface.
Infinity Tools has aftermarket HSS knives which have given me better service than the OEM version http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSSK-041
Oh...the blades have 2 sides and can be flipped over...well duh (DAMHIKT):rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
My local BORG (South Hill, VA) has the floor model for 35% off. I have had mine for about a year and I am very pleased with it. I echo Mark's thoughts although I have not tried the Infinity knives yet. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS