DeWalt 733

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Well, I thought I had a 734 but it is a 733 which does not have the double sided blades.

Found out when the blades got so dull they were burning the maple wood. Started taking the planer apart and found that part of the job quite simple and easy. Then expecting to find blades I could flip around and have a new edge I found the blades to be single sided and I decided to sharpen them myself.

Out come the diamond stones and after about 20 minutes I have this one done...

image.jpg

A bite of lunch, rest, and the other one will get sharp, then back to planing. No trip to the store, no waiting for Mr. Oops.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Mike,

I've had a DeWalt 733 for about 15 years -- have had to replace broken sprockets twice when I accidentally few tapered pieces and they jammed -- it is a really good small planer and the knives are still available at your friendly Lowe's store for under $45. I keep a spare set that I have sharpened and changeover is a cinch. It is a real work horse for a lunch box planer. BTW, the sprocket repairs never cost more than $10 and I keep a spare just in case (they are simple castings). The beauty of this unit is the heavy duty blades and the fact that the blades can be sharpened repeatedly unlike later models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS