Dewalt 733 12in Planer-Ral CL $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
NOt Mine!

Planer-Dewalt 733-12" planer - $100 (Fuquay Varina)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-02-21, 10:23AM EST

Dewalt 12" planer - Model 733. Used but in good condition. One set of 12" knives and one set of 10" knives. Folding infeed and discharge tables included as pictured. Mobile base not included.
Call Don at 349-4930.
3ma3o53lcZZZZZZZZZ92l27f88f16f3101234.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1044093911

mihunt

New User
Mike
Anyone used this model? I'm considering buying a planer today, and wonder if this is as good as a 734. I know the 734 has 3 cutters, but other than that what the difference? Also, does anyone know if replacement knives will continue to be available? I'd hate to buy something with propriatory knives only to not be able to get replacements later down the road.
none the less, it's an excellent buy!

Mike

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Anyone used this model? I'm considering buying a planer today, and wonder if this is as good as a 734. I know the 734 has 3 cutters, but other than that what the difference? Also, does anyone know if replacement knives will continue to be available? I'd hate to buy something with propriatory knives only to not be able to get replacements later down the road.
none the less, it's an excellent buy!

Mike

IMHO< I would call the person now, ask them and get driving dir. this probably won't last long. Also, you never know if they answer calls, when they return voicemails. etc.......They may even screen buyers!

m

gator

George
Corporate Member
Mike -

I have one that I have used for several years. I have had no problems with mine. I have two sets of knives and send one set out for resharpening when I change so that I always have a sharp back up set. Yes, these are resharpenable knives and not disposable. I was in Lowes the other day and they still had the knives for sale of the rack.

George

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Let me say officially.....YOU SUCK!!!:tongue2: this is the exact model I am looking for and a great price!!! :BangHead:Good score!!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Hey I'll give ya $50.00 over what ya paid for it!!!! No seriously!!:gar-Bi

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
No pics aint happened yet :gar-La; Nice score those good CL deals dont last long, gotta jump on them fast.

M

McRabbet

Mike, it is an excellent planer and the knives are good for 3-4 resharpenings. I've had one for nearly 10 years (+/- as I cannot remember when I actually bought it) and it has been very reliable. I broke a compression roller sprocket last Fall and had to dish out a whopping $3.18 for a replacement to fix myself (there is a parts place on Capital Blvd in Raleigh). I hope you get it!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
That is a great price. I have had one for about 8 years and it has planed a LOT of wood with no problems.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
It's a good planer. I have one. Not sure what he means by 10" knives. I would like to hear about that.
Thanks
Steve

mihunt

New User
Mike
Well I picked up the planer. Appears to run well. When he had one set of the knives sharpened, the person who sharpened them tapered 2 inches of one end pretty bad so it does not plane well at all and that's what he ment by 10 inches. None the less, I don't see myself needed 12 inches since the widest stock I have is 8+ inches.

Mike

M

McRabbet

Congratulations on the good deal! Obviously, he sent the blade to someone who didn't know how to sharpen them. I would not use them in the planer because you may not be able to see where the wood is not planed correctly -- once they are out, you might place a straight edge along the edge of the blades to see if they can be resharpened (yes if gap is less than 1/16" or so). You can buy new blades for about $43 at Lowe's. And find a good sharpening service! Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY is recommended by others on the site and it should cost you under $13 plus shipping.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Well I picked up the planer. Appears to run well. When he had one set of the knives sharpened, the person who sharpened them tapered 2 inches of one end pretty bad so it does not plane well at all and that's what he ment by 10 inches. None the less, I don't see myself needed 12 inches since the widest stock I have is 8+ inches.

Mike

Congratulations Mike. I sure glad you jumped on this deal! A great planer for even greater Price!

YOu Rock!:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors