Delta SS350 won't change speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Anyone seen this problem. I really do not want to spend $93.00 for the whole speed controller if it's something simple.

cskipper

Cathy
I never did. Other than cleaning & lubing all the parts, and used canned air for the parts you can't get to I have no suggestion.

T

toolferone

It's a scroll saw.

27051-md.jpg

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I can't find any useful info on the net, although the problem seems somewhat common. So I'll just open up the controller and start troubleshooting.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
If you find a fix, please post it. I've recently bought one of these for $40 and after googling to see if I could find an answer for you, I'm worried :(

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Joe, I'm not an avid scroller by any means, so if it would help you in your trouble shooting, I'd be glad to send you my control board so that you could test it and have a functioning reference. Or, contact one of the many electrical pro's here on the board and to see if they would look at it - with both of them in hand I'm sure someone could diagnose the issue. Or, you could at least use my board to finish up whatever project you may need it on.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Today is a honeydo, but I hope to get some time tomorrow. Scott, I sent Rick an email and Ben, I'll let you know.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The problem is Delta bought the CHEAPEST speed controller they could. Unfortunately Delta has a habit of doing this. Look at bench top jointer, and big router as examples. Some years back on another forum, a poster who had worked for Delta, discussed the fact that Delta went with the cheapest, instead of a better model. All they wanted was for it to make the warranty. According to him, Delta paid less than five bucks for a controller they sell for around a hundred for. Highway robbery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS