Delta Jointer DJ20 for less than $1200 at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Saw an ad for a 22" planer for less than a hundred. A bit disappointing that it was actually 22" long (and I already have one just like it).

Anyway, the Griz 8" looks good, especially with the spiral cutter head. Is there any real significant difference between the parallelogram jointer and the standard wedge type?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
parallelogram doesn't require shimming to keep the beds level to each other, which I understand can be an issue with the dovetail jointers like mine??? (a Yorkcraft, which apparently is no longer carried by Wilke Machinery?)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Pete,
When did WILKE stop carrying Yorkcraft, I could swear that they had them in their last mailout. I wonder who sells them now, because I'm sure that somebody has become a primary distributor.

Jimmy

parallelogram doesn't require shimming to keep the beds level to each other, which I understand can be an issue with the dovetail jointers like mine??? (a Yorkcraft, which apparently is no longer carried by Wilke Machinery?)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Pete,
When did WILKE stop carrying Yorkcraft, I could swear that they had them in their last mailout. I wonder who sells them now, because I'm sure that somebody has become a primary distributor.

Jimmy

I don't know... I went looking at the site yesterday, to include a link for the YC-8J (like what I have) for Gazzer, and I couldn't find anything. even my old bookmarks to Yorkie stuff on their site don't work anymore :( It may be a factor that the Yorkcraft product is pretty much the same as the other clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS