Not open for further replies.

badger fan

Bruce
User
[h=4]Delta Hybrid Saw Set Up [/h][h=6]Rate this Entry[/h]

0 Comments
by badger fan
, 01-13-2016 at 02:32 PM (1 Views)

I have purchased a 10" Hybrid table saw that was new in 2008 and has not been used very much at all. I wanted to be sure and set the saw up or check the set up to insure that everything is good to go, so I have been reading on line and reviewing the manual regarding blade alignment with the miter slots. In following the instructions, I have loosen the two trunion bolts and taped it as much I it will move for alignment. It is close but when measuring from the same tooth front to back as the instructions suggest, I find that it is still out maybe a 1/32".
I would like to get this set exactly of course and I do not really know what else to do. I tried calling the Delta technical help desk but they are down and said to call be in a few hours. Go figure.

Has any body had a similar problem with a Delta saw and if so any suggestions on how to fix this.
My thoughts are that since I do not believe there is any more movement (as little as there is) on aligning the trunion, that one wold have to dismantle the saw to get the holes enlarged (allowing move room to move). I hate thinking about this and hope there is someway other than that to address this.
Could really use some help.
Thanks,​

Categories Uncategorized

badger fan

Bruce
User
I did loosen the one of the front bolts but not the 4th as it is difficult to get a wrench on it.
Will give a try though, thanks

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
What is the model # on this saw? Several come up as "Hybrid".

Also, check the arbor is not wobbling and there are no burrs on the surface of the washers that contact the blade.

badger fan

Bruce
User
Hey Mark,
The model is a 36-714B.
I appreciate the suggestion as that is something I did not check for. I guess I was assuming something since it has not been used much. But I should have check for that.
Thanks,

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
In-Line Industries makes a product called PALS. Well worth the money for a saw with trunions attached to the top. I bought one pair to use as a prototype to build my own. Really simple system, which WORKS.

badger fan

Bruce
User
I have put a dial indicator on the flange on the arbor and it checks out perfectly, but when I install the 10" Freud blade it measures 0.001 to .0015 out when rotated 360 degrees. Does anyone know if this is within specifications of flatness. As I have checked same tooth to same tooth on the alignment with the miter slot and this is still out slightly. I was able to loosen all the trunion bolts and taped on it to align it but from what I can tell it would appear that the trunion appears to have moved as much as it can and is up against the bolts. Seems a little strange to me that such a nice product would not have more adjustment.
I lack the experience to know if this is normal, or if I have it as good as it is going to be, but my gut is telling me it needs to be spot on.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Check to see if sawdust has compacted in the slot, keeping the trunion from moving to the extreme of the slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS