Delta Contractor Saw - Outfeed table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Most of the time when needing outfeed support I just use rollers. Sometimes I just use a folding table from Sam's that I raise up to the right height by sitting the legs on 2x4's. I don't have the room to have a permanently mounted outfeed table. That spot is where my jointer normally sits.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
If I could ever figure out how to send pics I would. My cabinet is 3 drawer and full locking casters and I did formica top. that way nothing sticks when I use it as an assembly table or outfeed support

violin

New User
violin
an interesting discussion. Newbie permission to listen to
o.png

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
So, I think I did OK. I bought a delta T2 fence in decent shape, and got a three phase unisaw thrown in for free. I have taken the rails, wings, and motor off of the saw to (hopefully) keep from killing myself when I unload it tonight.

Anyone need unisaw parts? From what I can tell, this is a 1947 model.

unisaw 1.jpg

unisaw 2.jpg

unisaw 3.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Congrats! How did you get it into the truck?

Best to get some help or call a wrecker with a boom to get it out or something like that. Maybe pull the main table ?

Enjoy! Last saw you will ever need.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
So, I think I did OK. I bought a delta T2 fence in decent shape, and got a three phase unisaw thrown in for free. I have taken the rails, wings, and motor off of the saw to (hopefully) keep from killing myself when I unload it tonight.

Anyone need unisaw parts? From what I can tell, this is a 1947 model.

View attachment 14632

View attachment 14633

View attachment 14634

If you are going to scrap it I will haul it off. Mine is a 1948 so I'm sure some parts may come in handy. [some day]

BrianBDH

New User
Brian
Adam - I just saw this thread.

Congrats on the Uni and the T2 fence. I really like my T2 fence. It is solid and the outfeed end doesn't move even when you are putting sideways pressure on it.

You might have to drill some new holes in the fence rails to match your table, I had to do that with my previous Delta saw. Not too hard to do. One suggestion though. The "factory" holes are counter-sunk. Don't counter-sink your new holes or you have zero wiggle room to get the fence level if you are not dead-nuts on the holes in the table.

It will be a piece of cake to hinge an outfeed table off the back rail of the T2 fence. If you decide to use a cut-out like I did, and more pictures will help, just let me know.

I am working on a router table for the right hand wing of my new saw. The T2 rails also make it easy to attach to the wing and rails. All it takes is a few extra holes.

Good luck.

Brian

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Thanks Brian -

Just to update the gang on all the issues in this thread, here's what I did this wwekend.

1 - T2 fence is installed on my Delta contractor saw. I also finished the table board for the extension table, and even bolted it down. I will cut a longer piece of 2" square tubing so I can use the rest of my extension table's rip capacity. I left the rear angle off for now, but I may have to install it. I have to find two M10 flat head bolts to finish attaching the fron trail to the saw table.
IMG_2935.jpg

2 - I scaled back from a 6' assembly / outfeed table, and built a 3' table & strage unit on wheels than can be an infeed, outfeed, sharpening center, whatever table.
IMG_2933.jpg

I may have solved our storage problems in the house as well.
IMG_2931.jpg

3 - I think the unisaw has a new home, as soon as another forum member and I can connect. I'm not interested in restoring it now, and I would hate to part it out.

Plans for later include an attached outfeed table, possibly with the cut out design and folding legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS