Delta 36-600 Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Hi All,

Hoping someone with the same saw might have some insight or can look at their saw...

A few weeks ago I heard a loud "clank" from the dust collector while using the table saw. I immediately shut off the table saw and dust collector. I initially thought that the piece of pine that I was ripping had lost a knot, but found that the nut (part #141 on the saw diagram) on the blade tilting mechanism had "fallen" out of the trunnion.

This is the diagram: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...rtsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0110069-00002.png

I haven't used the table saw since then and finally got around to attempting to repair the saw this afternoon. I can see where the nut came out of the trunnion and I am able to place the nut back into the trunnion, but can't see how it is to remain in place. The nut appears to have a groove cut in it and the parts diagram lists that an o-ring goes on the end. Although I am at a loss as to how a o-ring can keep the nut from falling out of the trunnion.

I'm wondering if there is more to this setup than just a simple o-ring? Any ideas or would someone take a look at their own saw?

Thank you,

Zach

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Zach, I don't have this same saw, but I do have two Delta saws and I'll try to look at them tomorrow. When they say O-Ring, is it possible they mean Snap-Lock ring? That would make more sense for holding something on the end of a shaft.

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Zach, I finally got around to checking my TS for the part you were asking about. Sorry it took me so long. Unfortunately, my saw is the 34-400 series and the mechanism is different. I've tried to compare both my diagram and yours to see if I could tell anything, but I can't.

Sorry.

Bill

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Thank you for checking Bill.

I ended up ordering the o-ring and it is an actual rubber o-ring. I installed it yesterday and all seems well with my table saw now.

Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS