Deliverance--North Carolina Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonewood

New User
Alan
:lol:

Last Saturday morning, I found my way to a custom mill in Bullock, where I saw two backcountry dudes standing around a WoodMizer wondering why it just sat there and did not automatically cut the sycamore log on the carrier.

The reealllllllll old d00d turned out to be Jeff, and his sidekick was his uncle/cousin.

I had to use hand signals to communicate, but was able finally to let him know who I was and that I was there to pick up my walnut.

What he showed me appeared to be your routine 8/4 and 5/4 flatsawn wood, wide and fat.

Took me a long time to load it stick by stick, with the two of them staring at me and sharing their chaw.

After I paid, I was surprised to get a receipt for the transaction, but not surprised to see that he signed with a big X:lol:

Seriously, Jeff does some awesome sawyering and is quite generous with his board footage calculations.

When I had humped the load down to Kyle for drying (air, then kiln), he said as we were unloading that this was some "super fine" walnut. There are some mighty live-edge slabs and mostly very wide boards that will be coming out of the oven in late June.

Kyle said he would post some pics of the stickered stock, and I will put up some pics of the dried wood with MS on it when it is ready.

Will offer it to you NC folk first, cause it would be a shame to let a native tree be spirited away to be sold to foreigners, like GA and FL people:lol:

If you have never bought from Jeff, do not hesitate to do so.:-D

J

jeff...

:lol:

Last Saturday morning, I found my way to a custom mill in Bullock, where I saw two backcountry dudes standing around a WoodMizer wondering why it just sat there and did not automatically cut the sycamore log on the carrier.

The reealllllllll old d00d turned out to be Jeff, and his sidekick was his uncle/cousin.

I had to use hand signals to communicate, but was able finally to let him know who I was and that I was there to pick up my walnut.

What he showed me appeared to be your routine 8/4 and 5/4 flatsawn wood, wide and fat.

Took me a long time to load it stick by stick, with the two of them staring at me and sharing their chaw.

After I paid, I was surprised to get a receipt for the transaction, but not surprised to see that he signed with a big X:lol:

Seriously, Jeff does some awesome sawyering and is quite generous with his board footage calculations.

When I had humped the load down to Kyle for drying (air, then kiln), he said as we were unloading that this was some "super fine" walnut. There are some mighty live-edge slabs and mostly very wide boards that will be coming out of the oven in late June.

Kyle said he would post some pics of the stickered stock, and I will put up some pics of the dried wood with MS on it when it is ready.

Will offer it to you NC folk first, cause it would be a shame to let a native tree be spirited away to be sold to foreigners, like GA and FL people:lol:

If you have never bought from Jeff, do not hesitate to do so.:-D

Bone was good to finally meet you, one word for you get a freaking flatbed tailer to hump that wood :slap:, then My son-in-law and I wouldn't have to handle each peice, while you supervised. Seriously thanks for your order and I'm glad your happy with the lumber, let me know if you run into any issues.

BTW - I'm not that old and the young buck was my son-in-law, tailing the mill. I do believe that was your X on the reciept, not mine. :-D

Thanks for the good words

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
you guys are too funny!

don't forget, Bones, that we have all seen you sporting that YELLOW THONG!:lol:

J

jeff...

Hey I can photo copy the recipt and show you guys, he signed it with a freaking X :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS