Deleted post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I deleted a post by an unregistered guest in this thread.http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f20/finisher-walnut-home-office-26150-post261695/ The guest was responding to a post by PhilS. This had all the potential to go severely awry. :no: I did not fiddle with Phil's post and hopefully no one else will respond negatively to his remark that his workers are Mexican. Some folks see "Mexicans" and immediately transpose the word into "illegals". :wsmile:

Glennbear

Glenn
After thinking about this a while (I usually overthink things :gar-La;) I noted that Steve Coles is still listed as moderator for the "Request" forum. I know that he gave up a lot of duties and access when he retired but I do not know if he maintained moderator duties. :dontknow: If he did not perhaps the proper authority should delegate a replacement since this particular forum is open to unregistered users who are not familiar with our posting rules and there is a need for someone to watch it on a regular basis. :wsmile:

M

McRabbet

You were right -- I'd suggest that you PM Phil and ask him to edit his post to read "I use subs that are good..." because the ethnic portion is irrelevant and may yield other bad responses. I'm not certain of Steve's status as a Moderator, so perhaps you should PM DaveO for his advice.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Glenn and Rob you are both right. I edited Phil's post as he wasn't on-line at the time. I know he will understand. AFAIK Steve has given up all duties except for by very explicate request from the BoD. SO if he is still listed as the Mod for the Request forum, it would be a good idea to assign it to someone else. It doesn't get a lot of activity, but posts like this today need to be addressed quickly.

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
Glenn and Rob you are both right. I edited Phil's post as he wasn't on-line at the time. I know he will understand. AFAIK Steve has given up all duties except for by very explicate request from the BoD. SO if he is still listed as the Mod for the Request forum, it would be a good idea to assign it to someone else. It doesn't get a lot of activity, but posts like this today need to be addressed quickly.

:eusa_doh:Dohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! apparently while you were making this post I was in the process of sending a PM to Phil. Oh well. at least the issue has been resolved. :wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

I will reassign the forum to someone else. Do we have any volunteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS