Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Delta Industrial 46-460 12-1/2-Inch Variable-Speed Midi Lathe
currently $398
Down to $360 as of 10/7/16
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00309ZZRQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the crazy Amazon price drops, no idea how long it will last. I had to pull the trigger, will be selling my Comet II and Delta 46-111.

41o4mJ2GdxL.jpg

Last edited:

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Re: Delta Midi Lathe $400 NEW at Amazon

I love mine. I have the earlier version and have had some problems with the power switch, but otherwise it is fantastic.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Same one I had before up-sizing. Very nice lathe.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member

Looks like a good deal, I'm doing good at restraining myself so far since I literally can't fit anything else in my garage right now!! I don't think putting it in the dining room would go over well!! :rotflm:

BTW, shows up as $386.63 for me right now..

WECaICtETZ

B

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Not tempting - if I am going to buy another lathe - it is going to be bigger than what I have.

Rick M

New User
Rick

I can't believe it's still dropping. Amazon and their crazy pricing algorithms.

ste6168

New User
Mike

Man, would buy if I weren't MAXED OUT on space already. Would love to add a lathe to the garage.

Chuckd

New User
Chuck

I have one. It has been great, but I just bought a bigger one and mine is for sale.

Rick M

New User
Rick

I bought one at $420. Asked Amazon if they would refund me the difference, they said no but said I was free to return it at no charge and buy another one at the lower price. I accepted their stupid offer.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member

Sheesh, gotta love the logic there!!:no::BangHead:

B.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

Delta may soon introduce a new model to replace this one and is clearing out the inventory with price reductions. It is tempting to buy this for my first lathe at this price. I'm torn between this and the Grizzly G0766.

Rick M

New User
Rick

Delta may soon introduce a new model to replace this one and is clearing out the inventory with price reductions. It is tempting to buy this for my first lathe at this price. I'm torn between this and the Grizzly G0766.

I thought that but haven't seen it on sale anywhere else. I suspect it's just Amazon clearing slow movers out the warehouse in anticipation of Christmas.

I bought back in at $363, saved an extra $57, total savings about $240.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member

I resisted this for 2 days but couldn't take it any longer. I bought at 361.69. I am finally gonna replace my Harbor Freight lathe.

Rick M

New User
Rick

Down to $359

Also, Amazon intercepted my returned lathe before it was delivered and had UPS bring it back to the warehouse. I have to admit, they are good.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

Down to $359

Also, Amazon intercepted my returned lathe before it was delivered and had UPS bring it back to the warehouse. I have to admit, they are good.

What's the normal price for this?

And usually amazon is good, but not always. I ordered 8 pieces of e-track for my trailer. It's roughly 4 feet long, 3 inches wide, and 1/4 inch thick. Weighs a few pounds. The box they shipped in was 4.5 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 4 inches thick. UPS showed up with 8 of them. All shipped from same warehouse in KY, and went UPS Air. They were $16 each with free shipping.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver

Well now I know what's for Christmas 2027... I bought the lathe at $359.57

I also bought two of the bed extensions (67" between centers) and the Delta/nova G3 chuck that's got the reversible key.

For $6.99, I'll probably get the Delta Midi curved tool rest and might as well pick up the Nova pen jaws and jaw center drive.

What heck, Christmas 2027 only comes around one time and Mama or the Big Guy may not allow me to make it to 2028.:icon_cheers

I probably could/should skip the LN Tool event at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors