DC retrofit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestus

Kerry
Corporate Member
(I posted this on SMC and thought some of you may be interested too.)

I figured I'd share my current project. I got tired of having a primary and my DC separate, so I'm moving my primary under the impeller. All I need now is to make a Thein separator, craft a 5" fitting for the intake, and buy a 4" fitting for my hoses.

I figure it cuts out at least 5' of hose, 2 square feet of floor space, and makes the whole setup movable. So far it's cost me three 2x4s and a half sheet of 3/4" plywood.

Maybe it will come in handy for others of limited workspace.
--
Details (with modifications if I were to do it again)

For reference, for the tubing to meet properly, the top/front corner of the motor mount (Red arrow, third pic) should be at a point 16.5" from the back edge, 44" up from the base plate, and at least 24" from the middle support pole for the filter. The holes in the motor mount are 9.5" apart.

If I did it again, I'd make my bottom plate 30"x22", the back plate 17.5"x48", and use 2x4 spacers behind the motor mount to center the intake over the center of the separator. It would also be nice to raise the blower and filter higher for clearance, but I didn't want to buy new metric bolts to mount the filter legs.
hfdc.jpg

View image in gallery

hfdc2.jpg

View image in gallery

hfdc3.jpg

View image in gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS