DC fitting - 4" to 2 x 2.5" splitter/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Corporate Member
I've looked several times for one of these - a Y splitter fitting (plastic) that joins two 2.5" lines to a single 4" line. Anyone seen such a thing?

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Corporate Member
McMaster has 4" to 2.5" reducers for $3.79

http://www.mcmaster.com/#dust-collector-duct-fittings/=6vnpf4

p/n 2221K33

use with a std 4" Y connector

... not sure exactly what you need though (inside vs outside diameter needs to be verified)

I'm looking for something similar to this one from Woodcraft:

144930tmb.jpg

Except it splits directly into two 2.5" fittings. I've used the above with a reducer on the other end, but that fitting is pretty large to start with and downright huge with the reducer stuck on the end. The application calls for something much smaller, more like this one from Rocker, except splitting to 2 connections

23486-01-80.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I think what you're looking for is called a "reducing wye" and will be identified as a "4x2.5x2.5". The first number (4) is the dimension of the outlet leading to the dust collector. The second number (2.5) is the diameter of the inlet coming from the tool and directly in line with the 4" outlet. The third number (2.5) is the diameter of the inlet that branches off to another tool. This numbering system is standard in DC terminology.

As for where to find it, I'm not sure. Check with all the online suppliers of DC duct work. If you have any recent woodworking magazine, they all have adds in them. Otherwise, Google "Dust collectors" and see what you get.

HTH, Bill Clemmons

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Corporate Member
Thanks for the feedback...I was hoping someone had seen one somewhere. My online searches have not yet been fruitful, nor have my in-store visits.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS