DavidF said that there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
was no reason not to buy the Wixey Saw Fence Digital Readout and I took his advice. Two weeks ago I bought the Wixey angle guage. I returned it today and bought the fence readout that has the angle guide thrown in as an extra. That is a pretty good deal. Hope to install it this weekend.

sapwood

New User
Roger
was no reason not to buy the Wixey Saw Fence Digital Readout and I took his advice. Two weeks ago I bought the Wixey angle guage. I returned it today and bought the fence readout that has the angle guide thrown in as an extra. That is a pretty good deal. Hope to install it this weekend.

Ah, DavidF the minimalist is now DavidF the enabler :rotflm:

Congrats, Stuart!
Roger

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
It installs quite easily. Keep in mind that the extrusions can be mounted either as the directions show, or upside down, whichever works best for your saw. The only critical part is to make sure that the joint between these two extrusions is smooth and even. File the surface of the larger one to blend it in with the smaller one, even the slot where the green strips go. Don't put the green strips on until the display will easily slide across the joint in the extrusions, and when you do install them, make sure that they face the right way. The bracket that mounts on the fence can be bent in almost any conceivable direction. All that is necessary is that the end that magneticly attaches to the display is parallel with the surface of the magnet in the end of the display.

I have had mine for almost a year and don't know how I managed to use the saw without it. The angle gauge is great too.

Charley

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Ah, DavidF the minimalist is now DavidF the enabler :rotflm:

Congrats, Stuart!
Roger
Hey Roger, don't blame it all on DavidF. Remember what you told me at the Durham Lunch a week or so ago....."If DavidF said it's good. then it's good." Or something along those lines. Your word influences some of us also. Now, I have at least four people who made me buy it. If I remember correctly DaveO and Steve Coles also said that it was worth having. Now, with all those recommendations, how could I not buy it. As Flip Wilson use to say...."the devil made me do it." :rotflm:

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry

I just opened the box on mine. Their directions are less than good(make that read HORRIBLE!!!). Good luck, I'm going to try to get mine installed this weekend too if I can get my poor brain around how.
:help::help::help::icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

M

McRabbet

Hey, Jerry -- if you need help, I know a local guy who is not only a "WGD enabler", but he is also an experienced "installer"...:rotflm: Hope to see you tomorrow at the WNCWA meeting!

DavidF

New User
David
Sorry to all I "enabled" but there really, really is no reason not to buy it! Enjoy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS