Daughter's loft bed and steps DONE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Re: Daughter's loft bed and steps WIP

Bueatiful bed for a beautiful Daughter. Nice going Mike.

Thanks Pete!

Ed thanks for the suggestion of contact cement. It worked great! :eusa_clap

Apparently I am the only one stupid enough to still be up. :slap: The steps are 98% done. :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc I have a few small areas to touch up (paint)on the molding around the whiteboard and also on the shoe molding. The only other thing left to do is to find someone to edge bind the carpet so it looks finished on the steps.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

Last edited:

nelsone

New User
Ed

Good job Mike! Glad to see you got it finished and I'm sure your daughter is thrilled! I'd offer to help with the carpet, but that is a skill I have never acquired! Hope you got a little sleep last night!

MikeH

New User
Mike

Good job Mike! Glad to see you got it finished and I'm sure your daughter is thrilled! I'd offer to help with the carpet, but that is a skill I have never acquired! Hope you got a little sleep last night!

Thanks Ed! I went to bed about 1:30. I'll sleep someday. ;-)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

That is quite the set up. Cannot let my wife or daughter see it that is for sure. I'm sure the storage will be heavily utilized and the doll house is a definite plus.

Hope you don't move anytime soon!

MikeH

New User
Mike

That is quite the set up. Cannot let my wife or daughter see it that is for sure. I'm sure the storage will be heavily utilized and the doll house is a definite plus.

Hope you don't move anytime soon!

Thanks Travis. The space will definitely be used well and we're not moving for a while. :-D

sapwood

New User
Roger

Mike,
It's been a delight to follow the progress of this project. You should be the proudest papa in the neighborhood :eusa_clap

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed

Are all those shelves filled up yet? Dolls in the doll house??? Carpet down????? I think we all deserve to see the happy new owner of this nice creation!

MikeH

New User
Mike

Are all those shelves filled up yet? Dolls in the doll house??? Carpet down????? I think we all deserve to see the happy new owner of this nice creation!

The carpet is cut and will be secured tomorrow. Books are in place and the dolls will be shortly. Katie is staying up as late as she wants to tonight since it's the first day of summer for her. I will post pics of the happy owner tomorrow once the carpet is secured.

J

jeff...

Pretty cool there mike - way to "think outside the box". She'll really be happy with it, nothing like dad making something for his daughter. So when is she going to start woodworking?

MikeH

New User
Mike

Pretty cool there mike - way to "think outside the box". She'll really be happy with it, nothing like dad making something for his daughter. So when is she going to start woodworking?

Thanks Jeff. She has already started a little. She helped me turn the Black Ebony pen in my gallery. She also determined the shape and actually shaped it. :eusa_danc

I also asked my wife last night if she would like to try turning something and she said yes. It would be so cool to share a hobby with her. Then we could really justify tools. :rolf:

MikeH

New User
Mike

Ok folks....Here is the final project.
The loft is DONE!!!

IMG_01361.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Last but not least are 2 pics of the HAPPY owner!

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_01261.JPG

Whatdya Tink???

DaveO

New User
DaveO

COOL, great job and your client approves...can't be much better than that.
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Customer approval is obvious! Great job, Mike.

nelsone

New User
Ed
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Good Job Mike!!! Looks like Katie approves!:icon_thum Congratulations on a job well done!

cskipper

Cathy
You did a really great job on that! :eusa_clap I love the spaces you created for her as well as the storage. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS