Database errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
It started for me too, I had no problems at all earlier today, but in the last hour or so it's been doing this. Maybe it's a missing electron in the string of galactic or cosmic electrical firestorm debris??? :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh: Well, you see how much of this mess I understand. :eusa_thin

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
<table id="container" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td>
image.php
</td> <td id="bodytitle" width="100%">Database error</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">The North Carolina Woodworker database has encountered a problem.</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"><hr></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2"> Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.ncwoodworker.net home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">The www.ncwoodworker.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodytext" colspan="2">
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Dave - This is the error message I get when I hit the Forum button on the Home Page. The whole site was closed earlier today with a similar problem which lasted about 1/2 hour.

Ernie
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Glennbear

Glenn
<TABLE id=container cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD>
image.php
</TD><TD id=bodytitle width="100%">Database error</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The North Carolina Woodworker database has encountered a problem.</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.ncwoodworker.net home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>The www.ncwoodworker.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=2>
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Dave - This is the error message I get when I hit the Forum button on the Home Page. The whole site was closed earlier today with a similar problem which lasted about 1/2 hour.

Ernie

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ditto what Ernie said for me also :wsmile:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
This is obviously "Big Brother" trying to keep the little man down!! We demand access to the forums!!:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hmm, I just saw this message at 9:30, and I can't reproduce it. I'll dig into this and see what I can find out.

Request -if you encounter this problem again, and don't mind doing so, please use the "Mark All Forums read" using the left menu bar (Forums - Mark All Forums read) and see if the error goes away. And please post the outcome.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
It is working for me. I have tried it several times in the last few minutes

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Request -if you encounter this problem again, and don't mind doing so, please use the "Mark All Forums read" using the left menu bar (Forums - Mark All Forums read) and see if the error goes away. And please post the outcome.

Bas,

I tried the "Mark All Forums Read" and got the same error message.

Ernie

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
The whole world is watching, the whole world is watching!!!

Let us back in to the forums!!:rotflm:

Rob

New User
Rob
Same Bas, mark all forums read goes back to the index.php. I get the DB error.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I am getting it when I try to log in to start with . The only way I can log in is to " back " in through the classifieds ....in other words I click on one of the ads and log in when prompted .......other wise I get the same error message as the others :icon_scra

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I am getting the same message right now just by clicking the "Forums" button at the top of the page.
OK, I know what's causing it. Don't know yet as to why it happened, or how to fix it, but at least I can reproduce it now.

Thanks Jeremy for sending me the source, that helped!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I am getting it when I try to log in to start with . The only way I can log in is to " back " in through the classifieds ....in other words I click on one of the ads and log in when prompted .......other wise I get the same error message as the others :icon_scra

I whacked the database, you should not see the problem any longer. If you do, please post here or PM me.

We will now resume our regular scheduled programming :gar-Bi

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I whacked the database, you should not see the problem any longer. If you do, please post here or PM me.
Atta boy, Bas. I don't know what's involved in "whacking a database" but it sure did work! I've whacked a few harpsichords in my day but never got the quality outcome you did.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS