Cut List Addon for Sketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I am finally getting time to work on the furniture I have been promising my wife I would build. I got the dresser sketched out and need a good cutlist plugin for sketchup. What is the best one for woodworkers?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
In SketchUp, click on 'Window', then scroll down to 'Extension Warehouse'. Type 'Cut List' in the search box and go from there.

Some others on here may have a better way to get to it.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Bill has the right advice although it depends upon the version of SketchUp you're using. Assuming you have V2013 or V2014, using the Extension Warehouse directly in Sketchup is the easiest way to go because it'll download and install it automatically. If you are using SU2013 or earlier and you've not installed any plugins before, you may need to set the Plugin folder's permissions to allow you/SketchUp to write to the folder. If you need help with that drop me a PM.

Keep in mind that the cut list will only be as accurate as your Sketchup model is precise. If you need it, I can give you a hand getting everything worked out.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill and Dave. As it turns out I already had a cutlist plugin installed. I probably installed it back when we were having tutorials through go to meeting. It is Cutlist 4.1. Is there a better or newer version out there?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
No. 4.1.8 is the last version. The author passed away unexpectedly on April 2 of this year. He had been working on some updates to the plugin which I doubt we'll ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS