Custom furniture quote near Burlington

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandfarm

Joe
User
A lady at church has asked for someone to make some furniture from her 25+ year old walnut (air dried). She wants furniture made for her grandson.
I don't know what pieces she would like made. She has a big stack of walnut that was her late husband's.
If you are interested, I will give you her contact information.
She lives in Alamance County, near Village of Alamance and Burlington.

Thanks,
Joe Isley

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Re: Are there any furniture makers for sale

You might want to change the title to this thread. I read it as you were looking to purchase a business that makes furniture. May not be getting the 'right' people to look.

Skymaster

New User
Jack

Kinda far for me. My first thoughts were PPB, safest thing wood be to have it run thru a kiln prior to use, completely checked per Mark V eyeballs, prior to kiln

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

Kinda far for me. My first thoughts were PPB, safest thing wood be to have it run thru a kiln prior to use, completely checked per Mark V eyeballs, prior to kiln

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=67091.0

Jack I have been drying and using walnut for a good 35 years and I have used air dried wood almost entirely. Walnut sapwood has had some infestation but the heartwood of walnut unlike the oak I have dried never seems to harbor any powder-post beetles.

Maybe I have been lucky but that drying experience has been in 4 very different locations and no troubles. Walnut trees and walnut sawdust is some pretty mean stuff. Maybe it keeps the bugs out? After 25 years, I think what could happen is done.

Skymaster

New User
Jack

great to know. I do not use lumber that is not from a cabinet supplier, so i tend to be extremely over cautious. Can you please get more info on what she wants?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors