Crosscut Blades opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatoriSwann

New User
Catori
So I found my 10" double bevel miter saw on CL after six weeks of constant searching. Got it home and cleaned her up, tightened and oiled all moving parts, and it cuts like an almost new saw.

Now I am looking for a reliable finish blade to replace the 10" 30tpi Irwin blade that came with it. I am looking at Forrest (of course), but I doubt my wife would be pleased if I spent more on the blade than I did on the saw itself.

Any recommendations for mid-level cross-cut saws? I would like a 60 TPI, as I will be using it mainly for trim, but am open to a 40t. Thin kerf? Stabilizer?

Any suggestions that don't break the bank are welcome.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get used or discarded blades that just need a little sharpening, let me know.

Thanks

Skymaster

New User
Jack
choice of three; FREUD FREUD OR FREUD :D:D Cannot be beat at their price point. Used almost only them for last 40 yrs.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Freud my first choice. I put my first one on my chop saw, now I won't have a saw without one.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Drop by Home Depot, and look at the Freud Diablo line of blades. Best bang for the buck last time I shopped for a 12" blade. Beware of the Avanti line, as it's now HD's in house China special.

Brogan

New User
I have a Freud Diablo on mine - it cuts great and requires minimal to no finishing, depending on the wood/material.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, Catori. If you can make the trip to Klingspors in Asheville - buy your Freud blades there. Klingspors supports this website and its members in many ways. Sorry but the BORG's don't support us. Just my $0.02.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Hey, Catori. If you can make the trip to Klingspors in Asheville - buy your Freud blades there. Klingspors supports this website and its members in many ways. Sorry but the BORG's don't support us. Just my $0.02.

Klingspor is near the airport.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Klingspors in Arden sells the Freud line of blades. There are blades specific for miter saws due to tooth hook angle. It must be a combination blade for crosscut to miter cut. The boys at Klingspors are there to help you make the right selection, a service you won't find at any of the Borg's. And as mentioned above, they very heavily donate to, and support NCWW.

CatoriSwann

New User
Catori
Thanks everyone. I live about 4 minutes from Klingspor in Arden. Definitely gonna stop by there as soon as I get my next paycheck.

I need to upgrade my old Unisaw with a thin kerf. Need to buy a few months before I have a chance to pop open the motor.

I appreciate all the advice.

Catori

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I also use Freud. I have also had good luck with DeWalt blades. One of the main difference in blades is quality and amount of carbide. Quality = less sharpening & more carbide = more sharpenings opportunities.

Pop

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Klingspor now has their own line of blades. I am not sure who makes them. Anyway I have their miter saw blade and I am very pleased.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
PLUS one with Bruce, as I used an Avanti for a couple of cuts and it started to smoke. Had lost several of it carbides=junk!
Ed

LB75

George
Freud all the way. I've been using the 50T combination, the glue line rip, and the ultimate plywood blade for the last year and they are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS