Craftsman V20 Battery & Charger & tool

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I have long used the Craftsman C-3 18 volt tools. They discontinued the line and QUALITY C-3 batteries are few, far between, and pricey at best.

However, there is an option to use an ADAPTER with the new V20 batteries that may provide a reasonable life extension for my C3 tool set that I'd like to try.

Problem is, it appears that the minimum cost of a V20 Battery and Charger is not insignificant.

Purchasing a 'kit' is the best way forward - especially one with a drill/driver or impact driver (tools I've long had multiples of and do not need.) I would like the oscillating tool, but they only offer it 'Bare.'

At any rate, I thought to post this to see if anyone was (thinking of) trading up from Craftsman V20 to Festool this Xmas and might be interesting in recycling his/her old V20 tool, battery/charger.

Open to an alternative approach as well, of course.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all the turkeys out there :D

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Have you checked for non-OEM batteries? Or this this a case of “only Sears battery fits”?

Maybe this?

I bought one non-OEM “extra amp hours” 18V battery for my Hitachi (now Metabo) drill, compact drill, and sawzal. It has held up over the past 2 years.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS