Craftsman Table Saw Extension Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I have a Craftsman 10 inch table saw, Model # 315.228390. It has a solid steel wing on the left side and a stamp steel on right. Considering putting one on the left side, if I can find one. I want a solid steel on both sides. Anyone have an old table saw that will work on this? Or is it a bad idea?

Thanks!
attachment.php

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,676

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
It's probably a good idea IF you can find the right one. I would check w/ either Sears or some place like ereplacements.com.

Is your main goal to reduce vibration? I can't tell from the pic but have you replaced your drive belt w/ a link belt? That helps w/ vibration.

WoodRose

New User
Sam
I wanted the same thing several years ago and found that the old Delta/Rockwell cast iron wings were an excellent fit for my craftsman table saw.

Good luck!

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Was hoping somebody had an old saw laying around, pretty sure the wings can be flipped. Wanted a solid steel, not the expanded metal type. Will look at the delta brands also.
Thanks

MichaelSC

New User
Michael
I thought about that too, but decided to put a sanding station there instead!
Working on an new saw cabinet, and have storage underneath for all of the sanding supplies, plus dust collection for the sanding station will be easy to incorporate into my DC for the table saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS