Craftsman 22116 - Sagging Left Wing

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Are you sure the bolts are not bottoming out before they get tight? Might try a washer under the bolt head.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Are you sure the bolts are not bottoming out before they get tight? Might try a washer under the bolt head.
After looking again I see studs not bolts. You can go the bondo rought if you wax the mating surface of one side. The wax should not allow the bondo to stick to one side so you will have a permanent shim on one side.

afman916

New User
Tim
Yeah they're bolts. I ended up just assembling as-is because I'm really itching to make some sawdust now that I'm aligned. Fence is towed out 0.002 and I'm somehow 0.0005 parallel to miter after I thought I'd never get past 0.004. So the pull to get started was too great...I'll see if the sag ends up causing me any issues and, if so, might revisit this and try again in earnest. For now, I just want to cut wood.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would cut a full length tapered hard maple or purple heart or some other really HARD wood also full height. Level wing, measure gap at bottom, measure height of wing. Cut wood shim taper from slightly more than gap at bottom to almost zero at top of shim. Make it the full length of the wing. Drill holes as needed for bolts to pass through or cut U shaped slots for bolts. If the wing will not put up flush at the top there may be some rough or uneven bit on the edge of the wing that needs to be ground away.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are the 'flats' where the bolt and nut seat to both the wing and table top flat and perpendicular to the working surface and parallel to each other?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors