Couple Of "Where To Find" Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crrunion

New User
Randall
This is my second post on the forum. My first was in the "Get Acquainted" forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I have a couple of questions about shopping for tools.

The FIRST question is about a place that I went to a time or two in Mount Holly, NC. The name of the place was some initials. Something like NWS or NSW or something. It was just across I-85 from Belmont, I think, on the road to Mount Holly, and if I remember correctly, the older gentleman that ran it was named "Walt?" He was quite a character and usually had several jokes to tell. Is that business still there? I'd like to know for sure before driving up from SC.

The SECOND question is about where to buy the "T-Track" pieces that you use in making jigs. Can you buy them at Lowes? Or at Woodcraft? I also would like to get the metal track that you use when putting a miter slot in a router table. So I have the same question about that? Where do you buy them?

Thanks

Randall

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You've go the right forum for your questions.
Can't answer the first question. Some of the members living closer to Mt. Holly could probably do that.
As for T - track, Woodcraft in CLT has it as well as accessories. I believe they carry miter slot as well and can order it in if not in stock.
If you're ever in West Columbia, there's a tool company called Mann Tool & Supply that carries a full line of WWing tools, supplies, and accessories. Here's their website: www.manntools.com
If you prefer Internet ordering, Klingspor, Peachtree USA, or Woodcraft will all carry what you need.
BTW, welcome aboard. We all learn a lot from one another here, and we try to keep it so's the kids can look over our shoulder while we're here if you know what I mean. :icon_thum

Crrunion

New User
Randall
Thanks, Gotcha6. I'm familiar with Mann Tool and I will probably get by there eventually. And as far as the kids are concerned, you don't have to worry about me as far as that's concerned. My posts will always meet that criteria.

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here among other "sawdust makers!"

Randall

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For Tee Track, don't forget Rockler. Right now they are doing some free shipping deals with right code. I like Kregg's track, because their micro adjuster works with it. I have an idea that uses the micro adjuster.

T

toolferone

I will add another check mark for Mann Tool in Columbia. I get down there several times a year and they are a great bunch of folks.

I know the place in Belmont, but have not been in that area in years. Don't know if he is still around.

Dcoop

New User
David
Randall, The name of the place is Woodworking Machinery & Supplies. 290 Beatty Drive, Belmont,NC 28012. 704-827-3190 and toll free at 1-800-662-0947. I purchased a Jet table saw,Jointer and band saw from there. This has been a few years back so I do not know if they are still open or not. Try the toll free number and see if they answer. I remember Walt. He was quite entertaining . He may not be with us any more since he was an older gentleman several years ago. I would be interested in what you find out. Good luck.

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
Looks like Walt is still there. Just drove by and the light is on and his pick-up is out front. He is a colorful character. I have purchased a couple pieces of equipment from him before but I have never actually seen another person in there. It is entertaining to go in there, he is the small town hardware/general store version of a WW store. Once you walk in you have to look around and you see some unusual "stuff." He must be 76 years old now and I remember a couple years ago he had both knees replaced so he doesn't get around that well so call first.

Crrunion

New User
Randall
I just made a phone call and talked to Walt himself. He remembered me because of a mutual friend. He's 79 years old, but he's "still here," and still running the shop. I placed an order for a low tension band saw blade. He's got the best prices around on those, I think. He doesn't have the toll free number any more, so unless you're local, you have to pay the long distances charges if you call.

Thanks for your help in getting in touch with him.

Take care

Randall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors