corporate members & privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I believe that we may need to get Robb to post an announcement about this and explain the need for the info we require on Corporate Membership so those that were' faux' members can understand. I have no problem with people wanting to protect their privacy, but with laws the way they are, and with PACs sending millions to politicians behind screens of anonymity, we need to be above board with how we operate and explain to the membership that we do.
This is no reflection on any Admin's ability to express the issue, only a realization that this type of information needs to come from the top.

M

McRabbet

Re: Avoid DQ and Corporate Member Issues

If I am not mistaken, this announcement by Steve in the Staff Announcements forum goes out for all members to see. If I am wrong, then we need to make an announcement. BTW, thanks for the work to correct this, Steve!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I copied the two posts from public forum to here because I wanted to respond to both, but not in a public forum. I think Dennis and might not of realized they were posting in the public forums. I'll leave o them or Tracy if the post should be removed from the public thread.

Please let me be clear. In way was I trying to make or explain policy. I was simply trying to explain why a bug fix I made at Tracy's request had some possible unintended consequences and why people should check their user settings and make sure they are now entered correctly.

Rob, I do think Dennis is correct in that something should be said by the "top" about privacy. As far as I know there is not a formal published privacy policy, nor a single place that explains that the info is voluntary and what is done with it. So at the very least you might want to add something about the need for certain info for corporate policy.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My bad on assuming the thread I posted into was non - public. It should be in the M & A or the BOD for discussion. Not sure all Directors monitor the M & A. Thanks for the catch, Steve.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
As far as I know there is not a formal published privacy policy, nor a single place that explains that the info is voluntary and what is done with it. So at the very least you might want to add something about the need for certain info for corporate policy.
There is a privacy policy, but it appears to have fallen out from the Menu links. That needs to be reinstated (or have a link to it from the general site policy).

The privacy policy does not mention Corporate Membership at all, it was written before NCWW became a non-profit organization with members. Looks like a good holiday project for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS