Corner Help By Steve Good

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I don’t have graft paper but I did put some squares on paper so we can try it out.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing this Berta, it is what I was looking for!

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
@Berta Interesting video thanks for sharing. One of these days I’m going to have to try some scrolling, but for now, question from a non-scroller. Do you know the spec of the blade he is using? I’m wondering because what he is doing doesn’t seem to twist the blade, so it must be pretty thin and not very wide.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Blade size to use is determined by wood thickness, wood type and pattern.
We used 1/4” plywood with a #5 skip tooth blade with our practice cuts yesterday at the club meeting.

I find #5 and #3 my most often choice of blades.

Twisting during a cut is more often technique than blade choice.

I recommend The Scroll Saw Workbook for people wanting to learn.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Blade size to use is determined by wood thickness, wood type and pattern.
We used 1/4” plywood with a #5 skip tooth blade with our practice cuts yesterday at the club meeting.

I find #5 and #3 my most often choice of blades.

Twisting during a cut is more often technique than blade choice.

I recommend The Scroll Saw Workbook for people wanting to learn.
Wow, #5 is .038 wide x .016 thick that’s way smaller than I thought! I’m guessing they break pretty easily if you make a wrong move…or try to cut too thick or too hard wood.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, #5 is .038 wide x .016 thick that’s way smaller than I thought! I’m guessing they break pretty easily if you make a wrong move…or try to cut too thick or too hard wood.
Blades break when you try to force them through a turn. Just slow your feed rate and allow the blade to cut through the turn.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS