Corian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Hi Guys,

What type circular saw blade do I use to cut thru Corian type material? I have an alteration job to do and must cut thru a Corian-type service counter. I'm planing on using an ordinary construction type carbide blade. Am I wrong?

thx for your help,
Bob

cpw

New User
Charles
Hi Guys,

What type circular saw blade do I use to cut thru Corian type material? I have an alteration job to do and must cut thru a Corian-type service counter. I'm planing on using an ordinary construction type carbide blade. Am I wrong?

thx for your help,
Bob

Bob,

I have no experience here, so hopefully someone else will chime in, but here is what DuPont says:
"DuPont™ Corian® is harder than wood. In order to cut a full sheet to obtain the desired
pieces, saws and routers must be powerful enough to work the material properly.
Straight cuts are made with a circular saw with carbide-tipped or diamond-tipped teeth.
Curved cuts are made with manual routers or with numerically controlled routers (CNC),
depending on the number of identical pieces that need to be cut. Rounded inside corners
are routed in order to prevent cracking. Router bits must have tungsten carbide tips."
http://www2.dupont.com/Corian/sq_AL/assets/downloads/documentation/corian_book_en.pdf

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Standard carbide tipped tooling will work just fine. Corian was developed to use standard tooling. I've sawn it with my tablesaw, bandsaw, jig saw and router. Stuff flies all over but the tooling isn't damaged.

DWSmith

New User
David
I worked in a cabinet shop that used Corian type material for medical cabinets. Good stuff to work with but the dust is merciless! Sanding to get a smooth finish is tough, start with 150 and work up to 800 and if you can find some micro paper, use that. Sand in a criss cross pattern and then on the diagonal. But the dust is nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS