Contest Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If there are not enough entries with sufficiant picture quality(my sole judgement), I will cancel the contest. No entrant will have more than one entry in the calendar. So after voting closes, only your highest vote getter will count.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It appears that I have to add another restriction. Some of the pictures submitted appear to be too fuzzy and or graining after "blowing up" to actually include in the calendar. The way I will judge is to actually peint the pictures in the actual size and resolution that will be used on the calendar. If they are not usable, they will be eliminated before actually voting.

Looking at the large image of your picture in the Gallery should tell you if there are problems. So, if you have a project that you want in the contest and you don't have a picture that works, please find someone who has a camera with high resolution and get them to either take the picture for you or let borrow it.

I suspect many of you have higher resolution cameras but take your pictures at lower resolutions and/or lower quality. In that case retake the picture(s).:slap:

Another thing. Every picture MUST have a real title in the gallery/ DSC1234 doesn't count and every picture MUST have a description. These will be actually printed in the calendar. DON'T wait to see if you have won. Your picture will be disqualified.

I feel like I'm herding cats again.:lol:

Monty

New User
Monty
hehehe.... herding cats. :lol: If you bring your project to the gathering in Hickory, we can take a high-res image there!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, I have viewed my entries at full screen size, which is about twice the size that they should be on the calender and they look OK to me at that size. I have a thick skin (and head), are they fit for the calender in your opinion? I'll be guinea pig to set the bench-mark for other to compare too.
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I have viewed my entries at full screen size, which is about twice the size that they should be on the calender and they look OK to me at that size. I have a thick skin (and head), are they fit for the calender in your opinion? I'll be guinea pig to set the bench-mark for other to compare too.
Dave:)
I won't have a chance to actually print any photos out for a fee days. Probably next week. I'll do it then. have you fixed your titles and descriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS