Concerns about two posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
While I'm not privy to the new Moderation policy, I am not sure these two post are appropriate.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showpost.php?p=268716&postcount=9
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showpost.php?p=268716&postcount=10

I believe these posts are both violations of the Prohibited Subject section of the Site Policy.
# Personal attacks by name or implication
# Harsh comments

I view both posts as rude and inconsiderate to Nick, a member of the site.

How would one of us react after sharing news about our employer and then have that employer called a "bottom feeder"?

I'm not speaking from my opinion on the merger or the perceived quality of the companies.

But, as always, I'm not a Moderator, so I'll go back to my corner.

Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jim, I think that the remarks are probably in poor taste, especially being made to the Executive Chairman of B&D, but not necessarily out of policy.

I'll defer to Tracy's guidance though, but I personally would not moderate it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Scott

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No comment on the post, but I don't think Woodnick is the COB. I am pretty sure he is retired, plus he lives in Edgecombe County, and B&D shut down there quite a few years ago.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
While it is in poor taste it is not a personal attack, so it rides a thin line but if I had to cross on either side I would probably say it has to stay for now. I dislike Mike Davis' post much less than I do Jim's. I'll stop here before I say too much.
Anyone else got any thoughts?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree that Mike's comments are the worst but he is just on the high side of the line. Mike is learning. This is a thread to watch cause a lot of folks, myself included, do not like what B&D did to the other brands they bought. Jim thanks for bring it to our attention.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Good thing we haven't lost sight of Freedom of Speech. Mike's opinion expressed was not an attack on any member, only a 'Brand'. Maybe if more CEO's and COB's payed more attention to their customers and employee's ideas and opinions they might not find themselves at their own shot gun wedding.

I vote to leave it alone.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS