Compressor monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Phil, what about installing light by your back door, that is hooked into the power at the compressor? I have something similar for my phase converter. In my instance I installed a red light bulb in the shop that is wired into the power feed for the phase converter. Whenever I leave the shop, I can see if the red light is still lit - reminding me to turn off the converter. You could make it a low voltage LED light if you wanted to run small wire, and feed it by a small transformer wired into the power switch to the compressor.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
In that case, you might think about a 'Long Ranger' wireless start/stop kit. Put a light and the receiver where you can see them from your shop.
I'm in the same boat as you, with a 2 hour slow leak. Too much trouble to trace it through 3 walls and 100+ feet of pipe. BTW, what do you use to remember to drain the tank?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Like this..

19.jpg
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2013/SpringFlyer/19

NCTurner

New User
Gary
How about a big sign on shop door as leaving "Turn Off Compressor" K.I.S.S. or as an alternative I have used a sticky led puck that I have taped near a door that I just tap on when I plug up machines that I wish to be unplugged when I leave the shop. Took a little bit to get into the habit, but its automatic now.

Also since you mentioned using your phone, why not set a daily reminder at say 7-8pm that alerts you to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS