Commissioned dining table WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Great planning and execution. :icon_thum Nice jig for the bevel cuts.

That bull nose bit looks very intimidating - that's a LARGE bit. 8-O I am guessing that "feather boards removed for illustrative purposes" applies here. The roundover bit would have been more tolerant of a slight board lift/chatter during feed, although it doesn't appear that you had any problems. It's an aggravating cut no matter how you approach it. :-D

Looking good, David. Are you still on track for Thanksgiving delivery?

Chuck

DavidF

New User
David
It wasn't a bad cut once I got through the 5 or so "test" pieces I made up for the purpose. Feather boards couldn't be used because of the bevel on the other side of the board. The piece would either lift up or jam. I did use a couple of push sticks to feed through. The most important being to hold the wood down hard to the table as any lifting put a "quirk" (english term) in the top face. My B%^&&*dy router insert caused me much grief so I think the Rousseau (sp) is on the cards.

DavidF

New User
David
I agree with Chuck, that is one intimidating bit. At first glance, I thought it was a shaper cutter.

It isn't quite as bad as the 3 1/2" dia round over I used for the Demilune. At least this one was a smaller dia. If I could I would have slowed this one down a bit but my router is fixed speed, but in the end it wasn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS